[thelist] Taking over a Web site

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Mon Sep 6 17:42:48 CDT 2004

> would appreciate any input from anyone who has done this before.

I'm not saying that you were going to but....

Don't change the URLs (i.e. don't change the filenames and path names)
unless you put in re-directs.

It is very common for someone once they take over someone else's site
to want to feel it is their site by throwing out the old and replacing
it with their version. This is IHMO a sign of immaturity in a web
designer. You should build on what has gone before and improve it, not
trash it.

again, I'm not saying you were going to but someone else might.

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
Unitec New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand
http://tinyurl.com/4956o
The official URL for my staffpage is too long and complex