[thelist] site suggestions

brian cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Tue Sep 7 11:20:38 CDT 2004

Hi all-

No real tech question here, so please, reply off list to me directly as
to not spam the list.

Basically, I'm bored with my site's layout.  I think i've crammed too
much onto my homepage, and i'm at a loss as to how to make it appear
less cluttered, while still giving the same content to the front page.

There's also an IE bug I have with my stylesheet, where the center div
appears about 1px lower than the left and right boxes do.  It appears
fine in all gecko-based and safari browsers that i've been able to check
it with.  It's not a big deal, but i would like to be able to line it
all up if possible.  I'm not sure it its a box model hack here or what.
If memory serves, I based the 3 main divs off of the "Glish holy grail
template" when i made the site about 8 months ago or so.

The site is 100% xhtml 1.0 strict, table-less layout, and is valid.

I'm only concerned with the homepage for now...  and would like to keep
the same general "look and feel" of the site as it is.

If you have any suggestions on content positioning, or ideas on how to
fix the middle div, please let me know.

site:  http://hondaswap.com
css:  http://hondaswap.com/v4includes/css/style_v4.css