[thelist] ICANN Transfer Policy Change

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 10 15:08:09 CDT 2004

They're also the ones who decided on their own to redirect all unknown
domain names (when you type a domain name that isn't registered or known
from DNS) to their website, a webpage they called "help page" or
something like that, and with an apporiate link to book the domain name
!!

They removed this web-wide "feature" a few weeks later, i don't know
why, maybe they received thousands of complaints, but if I were them I
would have continue doing that. I don't understand why they stopepd
doing it, maybe fear of legal action ?

Bye.