[thelist] Dreamweaver/BBedit concurrency solutions?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Sat Sep 11 18:32:24 CDT 2004

My partner and I have been stepping on each other's feet for a little
while, and we're looking for a solution. He's on a Mac using BBEdit, I'm on
a PC using DreamWeaver MX.

BBEdit handles CVS, but DreamWeaver doesn't seem to. DreamWeaver has a
"check in-check out" solution that BBEdit doesn't recognize.

Does anyone have an example of a successful and near-transparent system
that could allow us to keep our files synchronised and safe from
overwriting? I don't mind doing a bit of up-front set up, as long as
day-to-day usage is nearly effortless (my partner won't use it unless it's
extremely convenient).

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.