[thelist] SQL Query Help after upgrade from Access

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Sep 13 16:05:36 CDT 2004

MP,

I would presume that since you are getting 0 back as the answer, that your
conditional statement (which is WHERE gender = 'male') is causing all rows
to be excluded.  Perhaps cAsE is an issue?

Check the values in the gender column again and make sure they are EXACTLY
"male" and not "MALE", or "Male", or 0, or 1, or something.

Depending on how you have the database/table configured, it may be case
sensitive.

Hope this helps,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer