[thelist] SQL Query Help after upgrade from Access

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:26:59 CDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:34:20 -0400, Michael Pack <michaelpack at wvdhhr.org> wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Thanks much for the expert help. I finally got it to work casting as
> FLOAT. When I cast as Decimal I was getting mismatch errors using
> FormatPercent around the record set write and could not get the Cdec
> function to trick the errors.

Why aren't you using Stored Procedures?

> I've had so many folks tell me upgrading
> Access to SQL requires no coding changes, except connection. They are
> SOOOO wrong!

Well, they are two different products - they aren't the same. If you
do research and planning before the upgrade, then it will work fairly
seemlessly, since there is overlap between the two products.

However, if you just have a mess of inline ASP code, inline SQL
statements etc, and swap out the DBMS, then I would expect a number of
issues unless it's a very trivial application.

Cheers
Ken