[thelist] Enterprise Red Tape was: Web Based Employee Directory - prt 2

Scott Harman scott at harman.tv
Wed Sep 15 12:15:33 CDT 2004

I'd agree - it seems to be more of a billing issue.  In that case - a
company should make provision for internal resources to provide support
for people like Ken to develop their own applications- whether it be on
Notes or J2EE.  They can then run a QC check to ensure it's within
acceptable bounds.  I've worked in organisations where such false
economies existed - and it's incredibly frustrating.
J2EE is great - it's hard to get into initially - but once you're over
that initial learning curve, it all starts falling into place.

Ken, I'm sorry mate - I really do sympathise.  I'm sure there are plenty
of people on the list who have vast experience in static html models,
where they can offer exactly what you're after, but I've skipped that
arena altogether and gone straight to the friendly world of PHP.

Best of luck!