SPAM-LOW: [thelist] Redirect AFTER Page loaded with ASP

Chris Hayes chris at lwcdial.net
Thu Sep 16 16:18:55 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com)" <peter at easylistbox.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>; <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 9:44 PM
Subject: re: SPAM-LOW: [thelist] Redirect AFTER Page loaded with ASP

> Hi Rob,
>
> You're right; once the headers have been written to the browser, you can't
response.redirect. This really leaves you with one option: client script.
You can response.write a small script that uses document.location.replace
and then response.flush to get it to the browser...

the meta tag refresh I believe is only valid within the <head> .  But oddly
it seems to work anywhere on the page  in most browsers.

I usually use a combination of meta refresh and script.