[thelist] are iframes antiquated?

Scott Brady dsbrady at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 11:46:00 CDT 2004

I would say it depends on what they're using iFrames for.

I'd say that iFrames do serve a purpose.  They allow you to display
content that's in another page, while still looking like a "div".  If
you need to reload the display of what's in the iFrame, you only need
to load that particular iFrame, and not the entire page.  And, by
using a hidden iFrame, you can do server-side processing without
having the user leave the page they're on.

Now, if they're using iFrames like "frames" [which are really pretty
different in some respects], then, yeah, you can probably get rid of
them.

Scott