[thelist] New website - please review www.astraroger.ro

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at xevious.kicks-ass.net
Tue Sep 21 12:24:17 CDT 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 12:20, Razvan Pop wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I recently finished a web site for a client.
> The URL is:
> http://www.astraroger.ro .
>
> Please take a look at it and tell me what you think. Don't be shy. :)

It's pretty good, except for three major problems:

1. Suggesting line-height in px units is a really bad idea, even more so
than suggesting font-size in px units, because while font-size can
usually be scaled up, the line-height does not change along with it. On
my browser, resizing the text to get menu text somewhere near readable
means that the text starts colliding between lines. Solution: get rid
of px units for *both* font-size and line-height. Use em or %.

2. I see a huge blank space on the index page. You may wish to put
useful alternative content there for people who do not have your plugin
installed.

3. Your copyright notice is not visible in graphical browsers unless
images are loaded, and not visible at all in a text browser. I would
assume this is something you want 100% of your users to see.

--
Shawn K. Quinn