[thelist] Re: Caching: PHP or Clientside

Jose Ngo chilijoe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 20:43:32 CDT 2004

Just a thought. Instead of updating the included file periodically,
why not just update it when the menu changes?

Joe
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:57:15 -0400
From: Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com>
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Caching: PHP or Clientside
       <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Message: 19

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:44:59 -0400, Mr. Tenuta <dtportnoy at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Out of curiousity, how would I go about triggering a script every n hours?
> This would be a server task set somehow? Our server is on win 2003 i
> believe.

I have never had to do this on a Win machine. I have heard you can do
it with something called AT. If you were on *nix, you would just set
up a cron job.

In reality, though, this could be set up anywhere. It doesn't have to
be on the server that the script is on. You just need some machine
somewhere to call this script every n hours. There are also sites
which will set up these kinds of cron jobs for you for free.