ASP on IIS6 (opposite question; was RE: [thelist] ASP.NET on IIS 5?)

Shane Miller smiller at callcenters24x7.com
Thu Sep 23 22:52:07 CDT 2004

Hi,

You can get more detail in my posts here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx?query=w3svc-wp+2266&dg=&ca
t=en-us-msdn&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=774F24A2-F71F-425F-AC2B-DC48AB0DA5C9&
dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

I think the two people who responded to my thread hadn't read all the detail
of my initial post, because I think it was pretty obvious that it wasn't
anything obvious.  Too often, people make quick reflex replies based on the
first thing one reads in a textbook.  No, there were several problems, but
the real culprit was a specific file permission change somewhere deep.  I
don't remember where and I didn't document it as I went, because I was in
too much of a hurry to fix it to take notes.  I did manage to fix it without
bringing any services down except for a couple of IIS restarts, but to do it
I referenced a KB article on permissions for ASP on Windows2000 and I do
recall there was something informative there, that was helpful.

Shane Miller
http://www.callcenters24x7.com