[thelist] ATOMZ To End Free Search -- Other Options?

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Fri Sep 24 10:31:07 CDT 2004

Joe Leech wrote:

>>So, are there any alternative free search sources that do not have
>>advertising for sites smaller than 500 pages? Are there any inexpensive
>>sources?  If not, are there any installable search programs that I can
>>manage that will also search PDF files (free or paid)?

There are lots of free search engines that you can install on your
server capable of searching PDFs etc. mnogosearch and aspseek
immidiatley come to mind. (please note that ASPseek has nothing to do
with that M$ technology). There are others of variying degrees of
flexibility and complexity. Some of them can even be installed without
having your own dedicated server.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.