[thelist] DNS funkiness with my domain?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 17:51:32 CDT 2004

Hey folks,

I'm in the process of moving my domain to MediaTemple from my old provider. I got my account set
up today, and I got an ip address for it so I can begin playing. The IP is: http://64.207.188.16/

I installed Word Press there, and the associated mySQL db and everything was peachy.

Now, I had on my desktop a dev install of wordpress as well, say called dev.p.com. I did an
upgrade on wordpress which went fine, and then BOOM - everytime I attempt to hit
http://64.207.188.16/, I get the stupid DEV install on my local machine!

Ok, so I do an ipconfig /flushdns and restart. No luck. I DELETE the apache and mysql directories
and my computer - NO LUCK! Where in the world can it be pulling this from is beyond me, but it
thinks its pulling it from the DEV install or something. I get no stylesheet either, so something
is funky. If I try and ping the dev site, I get nothing, but I can ping the http://64.207.188.16/
just fine.

I had set my dev.p.com localhost IP in my HOSTS file so I could just use the name, and that was
the first thing I deleted, again, no luck. I'm out of ideas and no windows expert - any ideas? Why
I could see it one second and not the next is beyond me...

Tom

=====
Get Firefox! | http://www.pixelmech.com/