[thelist] RE: Niellsen Usability Reports

Maisha Walker maisha at e-vent.org
Mon Sep 27 22:08:36 CDT 2004

Thank you, Steven!

Very helpful feedback!

Maisha

----- Original Message -----
From: "ANDREA STREIGHT" <astreight at msn.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 12:47 PM
Subject: [thelist] RE: Niellsen Usability Reports

I have never purchased any of Nielsen's expensive NNG reports, but I have to
say Jakob's books are rich sources of information, screenshots, analysis
that make them worth every penny. I was glad to see someone asking about his
reports, though, and I have wondered about them, too.

You can gain a lot from his Alert boxes at www.useit.com

His last Alert box about the Web seeming to be constructed by ants on LSD
was funny. He seems to be tired of narcissistic designers who care nothing
about efficiency based on complying with certain web norms, or user
expectations.

If you or your company is heavily into newsletter marketing, I would vote to
purchase the report. I'm sure you'll get results that will more than pay for
the report itself. I'm old fashioned and so anti-inbox clutter, I send my
newsletters to clients via land mail, not email!

Steven Streight
STREIGHT SITE SYSTEMS
Web Usability Analysis
Web Content Writing
Online & Direct Marketing

astreight at msn.com

www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com  *Web Usability*

www.streightsite.blogspot.com  *Mentally Correct Marketing*

www.stcsig.org/usability/newsletter/0408-user-observation.html  *latest
published online article*
--

News! - Evolt.org conference for web professionals.
17-19 September 2004 in Toronto, Canada.

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Workers of the Web, evolt !