[thelist] ATOMZ To End Free Search -- Other Options?

Web Designers evolt.list at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:39:38 CDT 2004

The paid Atomz service is very expensive indeed: many £s/$s...

The best I've found was the one Joe Leech suggested:

http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/index.html

Only downside so far seems to be that the index has to be recreated
manually each time the site is changed.

The paid versions have the PDF plug-in which again is fine except that
it cannot spider protected PDFs (even if they allow content extraction
for accessibility, but not for cut and paste).

--
Richard Morris