[thelist] Any Firefox experts? (updating firefox)

apathetic timbooker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:43:47 CDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:01:35 -0700 (PDT), Tom Dell'Aringa
<pixelmech at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm running 0.9x of Firefox. I want to upgrade to 1.0. The last time I upgraded all my extensions
> and add ons got blown to heck. I know I can export/import my bookmarks, but how do I keep the rest
> of my configurations without having to redo everything?

The upgrade should happen without breaking anything.  The only problem
might be extensions, which are tied to Firefox version number, so you
might need to replace them regardless of the steps you take to save
them.

Back up your profile directory if you are worried about losing other data:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

TIm

--
www.hyperlinkage.com - Free online RSS news reader
www.apatheticgenius.com