[thelist] Any Firefox experts? (updating firefox)

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 09:55:44 CDT 2004

At 15:01 on Tuesday, 28 Sep 2004, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm running 0.9x of Firefox. I want to upgrade to 1.0. The last time I
> upgraded all my extensions
> and add ons got blown to heck. I know I can export/import my bookmarks,
> but how do I keep the rest
> of my configurations without having to redo everything?

firefox 1 PR has a brave attempt at migrating your extensions - it
disables any that can't be updated.

I'd say install over the top of your old firefox, but be prepared for a
few minutes work to update/reinstall any extensions that don't pass muster.

alternatively, bite the bullet, save bookmarks and uninstall firefox 0.9
and start from fresh with firefox 1.0...

or do what I did, tried the first way, found it less than satisfactory,
because I'd got a mish mash of upgraded and new extensions, so then did it
the second way!

;o)