[thelist] using spamgourmet for thelist

evolt.sarahwbs at xoxy.net evolt.sarahwbs at xoxy.net
Thu Sep 30 14:18:00 CDT 2004

Is anyone else using SpamGourmet for thelist or any other mailing lists
like this? It seems to be working OK for me, but I'm not sure how it
works when others receive the messages I send, since SpamGourmet does
make some changes to the mail headers. Has anyone noticed any problems
in this regard?

Also, in trying to find out if there were any problems, I went to
thelist archives to see what my messages looked like, and while I see
that some measures are being used to protect the email addresses of
listees, for [0]messages sent by users who don't have a name specified
in the From header, it is showing the bare email address as their name.
Doesn't this leave all those email addresses exposed to spambots?

Sarah

[0] http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20040927/164671.html

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com