[thelist] Conditionals in CSS - php?

Paul Bennett paul at web-business-pack.com
Thu Sep 30 18:51:29 CDT 2004

why not use javascript?

Have a default iamge in your css and overwrite it with document.write
(fro js enabled browsers)
here's some code I had lying around...

var imagenumber = 5 ;
var randomnumber = Math.random() ;
var rand1 = Math.round( (imagenumber-1) * randomnumber) + 1 ;
images = new Array;
images[1] = "people.jpg";
images[2] = "people_2.jpg";
images[3] = "people_3.jpg";
images[4] = "people_4.jpg";
images[5] = "people_5.jpg";
var image = images[rand1];

document.write('<style type="text/css">');
document.write('#subContainer');
document.write('{');
document.write('background: url("images/' + image +'");
background-repeat: no-repeat;');
document.write('}');
document.write('</style>');

HTH