[thelist] Conditionals in CSS - php?

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Sep 30 20:03:42 CDT 2004

Anthony Baratta wrote:

> Either way will work. Just remember to set the response header to
> text/css when you send the completed CSS file back to the browser.

A nice advantage to using php for stylesheets is that you can also set
the Expires header on a per-request basis.  Might be handy for what
you're doing.  Anyway, here's an example of what I use at the top of php
css files:
<?php
header("Content-Type: text/css");
header("Expires: ".gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s", (time()+600)) . " GMT"); //
Expires in 10 minutes
?>
HTH!
--