[thelist] ASP.NET - Logic in Data Grids?

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Thu Oct 7 16:44:49 CDT 2004

OK - Thank you in advance for all of this help as I still try to get my feet
wet with ASP.Net.  From what I can tell, the classic recordset idea does not
exist in .net.  So I'm learning about Data Grids.

Here's my question.  Client wants to display a list of events.  All events
are coming from the same db table.  They want to split the display into
upcoming and past events.  In classic ASP I would have used the cursor in
the recordset to split future and past events (simple if then on the date
field).  What's the best way to do it in a data grid?  Are there any logic
controls built into this grid?  Or should I use two separate queries from
the start?

Thanks,

Casey

P.S.  Programming in vb.net