[thelist] vb.net: using subroutines within user controls - .ascx

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Mon Oct 11 22:04:19 CDT 2004

> Anyway, back to your example, the simplest way would be to create a user
> control (.ascx) and drop it on every page you have. You would then run
your
> code in the Page_Load sub and you don't need to call it from your
containing
> page at all. Just add the to your pages as required and job's done.

Thank you Gary.  I actually DO know what the page_load sub is, so we are off
to a good start.  But let's go back to "create a user control and drop it on
every page..."

What, exactly, is in the user control?  Nothing but plain HTML?  Or do there
need to be some server side tags as well?  And, how do I "run the code in
the page_load sub"?  If you could, actual code examples would be
wonderful!!!!

Thank you!

Casey