[thelist] no forms from with user controls?

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Mon Oct 11 22:19:29 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Travis" <dwork at macam.ac.il>

> That's a very clear issue... think about it, ASCX is meant to be a control
> within a ASPX file, which already contains a FORM tag

Okay, I seem to be missing a very basic aspect of an ASPX file.  Why, by
default, does it have a FORM tag?  I am thinking of a FORM as in an HTML
FORM with text boxes and drop down menues.  The ASPX file in which I am
building dynamic content does not (unless I am missing something) have a
form tag.  You don't need a form tag to implement user controls, do you?

Think, for a sedcond, like old server side include in classic asp.

I have a standard page... NOTHING dynamic, until we get to a certain point.
At that point, we do a simple IF THEN.  IF A then INCLUDE FILE_A.  IF B then
INCLUDE FILE_B.  Inside FILE_B is an html form.

Something like this would have been a snap in classic asp.  It's taking me 5
hours to figure it out in ASP.NET.

Again, when responsing, please assume that I know NOTHING about ASP.NET (and
you wil be right!!!)

Casey