[thelist] Software auditing

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 06:37:39 CDT 2004

At 19:06 on Monday, 11 Oct 2004, Peter L. Schlueter wrote:

> I just had this dropped in my lap.
> My boss wants me to audit our PC's and servers to determine what
> software we
> have installed and match the installed software with existing
> individual/seat licenses we have on file.  Something to do with SOX or
> GLB?
> Anybody know of any freeware/shareware/commercial software up to the
> task?

I've used this:

http://www.pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm

good at listing what's on the machine, can be run from a floppy outputs to
varied formats.

but you've got a pretty big project by the sound of it...

this looks more like what you'd need:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/emcoinventory.html

some more of that ilk:
http://www.snapfiles.com/Shareware/network/swnetworkman.html

hth

--
  listening to: Nanci Griffith - Spin On A Red Brick Floor [stopped]

http://wiki.workalone.co.uk
http://www.xebit.net