[thelist] re: spam?

Robert Hanson rhanson at mva.com
Tue Oct 12 12:39:42 CDT 2004

Chris, your point is well taken.  I did say "make this friendlier" so
hopefully it was not just the wording that threw you off; that if you got
an email that conveyed this info (regardless of how it was worded) you'd
still can it.

I'm sort in in the same situation as the other writer who started this
thread (Alex).  I'd like to build traffic to my site by doing the
following:
1) locate a website I know my visitors would be interested in, because the
site has the same subject matter as my site.
2) Place a link on my site, to their website.
3) Send a email to the owner of the website.   Tell them about my link to
their site.  If they want, I will position my link more prominently if they
put a link to me on their site.
4) That is it - nothing else.  No action *required* on the other website
owner's part, but mutual benefits if they do.

The sites I want to list on my page are all commercial sites, while my site
is non-commercial.  I do think it makes a difference when the site you're
writing to is a commercial site.

Comments?

"chris at martiantechnologies.com" <chris on 10/12/2004 10:32:33 AM