[thelist] Secpay payments in PHP

Simon Perry thelist at si-designs.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 11:50:43 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm trying to integrate secpay payments into a site and I'm not having a
lot of joy. I want to keep the clients on my secure server and process
the cards transparently. To this end I have tried secpay's XML-RPC ,
SOAP and XML implementation but each seems to have a different issue.

XML-RPC as far as I can tell the response I get is malformed and causes
phpxmlrpc to throw an error. The XML string below is from the debug
output, trying to parse the result with any of the phpxmlrpc functions
just causes the fatal error.

*Fatal error*:  Call to undefined function:  kindof() in */home/securec/lib/xml-rpc/xmlrpc.inc* on line *1382*

If I read the specs correctly the <value> tag should contain an
additional <string> tag.

SOAP there seems to be a bug in the PEAR soap client that means it falls
over when you try to use it over https connections. Anyone had any
success here or have a work around?

XML using curl to post the query exactly as it is in the manual results
in an error moaning about invalid user every time even though I'm using
the public secpay test user account.

Any suggestions or resources to help me crack this will be most
gratefully received.

TIA

Simon