[thelist] js error - the callee is not available - follow up

David Caplan dcaplan at fusebox.com
Fri Oct 15 10:13:55 CDT 2004

Hi,

Just a clarification here, this error occurs on all pages that have a
popup() script in them in IE, I'm not talking about unwanted pop-unders, but
things that I actually want (and need) to see. The error occurs locally and
all internet sites (in IE only). I'm not trying to install a pop-up blocker
(I have the Google toolbar already). Some sites suggest that I may have a
virus or some spyware that is causing this problem. I have run Spybot and
cleaned up my system, I still have the error. I am also running an
Anti-Virus program.

Once again the error is:
"The callee (server[not server application]) is not available and
disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute."

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave