[thelist] new to servlets

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:18:57 CDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:45:59 -0500, evolt at mccullough-net.com
<evolt at mccullough-net.com> wrote:
> I have an order servlet that "controls" the ordering process.  I wanted to
> restrict users with certain browsers from getting into the ordering process, so
> I created a detect bservlet, really my first servlet.  I placed the jsp tag for
> the servlet on several pages and the logic to say if certain browser redirect
> to hear.  however I thought if I could include the servlet in the beginning of
> the ordering servlet then I wouldnt have to do it on each and every page.
> however I am new and not sure how to do this properly.

Filters.

Have a look through how to set up and trigger filters. They should
allow you to do what you want done.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd