[thelist] Gender gap [WAS: marketing]

Chris Kavanagh chris at logorocks.com
Tue Oct 19 15:17:51 CDT 2004

> so what are the needs of women & men re: website presentation?

If I may paraphrase Norman Rockwell: put a baby in your website.
Chicks dig babies.

If that doesn't work, try putting a bandage on the baby.

Seriously: Ogilvy carried out a big study of this back in the 90s.  I
couldn't find the white paper online, but here's a starting point for
you (an article about the study):
http://www.aef.com/06/news/data/2003/2254 .

This is a topic that's gathering some steam in advertising/marketing
circles - basically because lots of gender-targeted marketing is really
clunky - I think more women coming into the industry will help.

Kind regards,
CK.