[thelist] which open source CMS?

Peter L. Schlueter peter.schlueter at pcadvocates.com
Wed Oct 20 16:07:16 CDT 2004

I too am looking for a good CMS.  Open source if possible.  However, I have
a question(s) that this list may help me resolve.
I try to do my websites in well formed html/css.  Validated through the W3C.
The questions are as follows.

1. For the CMS to work, do you need to use the CMS program to develop the
page?
2. OR can you adapt the CMS to fit the developed page?
3. Client management of the site from the Client's browser standard with
most CMS systems?
4. Which leads to...Is cross browser compatibility generally part of a CMS
system?
5. Does the list know of any CMS systems that are not dependent on table
based layout?

I am still a noooobie in this web world, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Pete

---