[thelist] Simple no nonesense hosting

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 09:53:20 CDT 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 11:35 PM, Brent Morris wrote:

> I have a friend that wants to set up a website with just their
> business card info on it for now. Can anyone recommend a really cheap,
> no bells and whistles host? I'm seriously thinking the "site" will be
> 100Kb tops.

For $6.95 NetworkEleven is a great choice.   "There are no 'low end'
accounts at NetworkEleven..."  Here's what you will get, even though
you are only paying $6.95.

Network Eleven:
http://networkeleven.com/hosting/index.html
500 MB Disk Space			20 GB Data Transfer
Unlimited Email Accounts		Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited MySQL DBs		Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Subdomains		Unlimited MySQL DBs
CGI Scripts				Webmail
CVS/GCC					SSH Access
Traffic Analysis				FREE Setup
24/7 ActiveSupport with		complete graphical controls....

If you have an ISP, you most likely have a small amount of web space
included in your ISP package, where you can build your own website.
AOL, Comcast, EarthLink, etc. all come with FREE web space.  The url to
the biz card info is going to be ugly at best, and hard to remember,
which is a slight drawback.  For instance, on Comcast, the home page
would be like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~UserName/infohere.html