[thelist] RE: checked vs. unchecked boxes

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 13:34:54 CDT 2004

> I sure hope we can rid the web of the "pre-selection" syndrome
> where site
> owners try to trick users into granting them permission to do
> things the
> users don't really want.

I think you've taken this particular facet of using checkboxes, along
with

> If I have to "uncheck" a lot of check boxes, which is par for the
> course, I
> bail out. And I'm irritated that I wasted so much time at the site.

and spread it to a holistic opinion of all checkboxes, everywhere.
The furor that bubbled up in rebuttal was to point out that the above
scenario (and reaction) is not /always/ the case.

Das all, no big whoop :)

(yeah, I kicked it again, I'm sorry)