[thelist] RE: internet error message in art makes art disappear

ANDREA STREIGHT astreight at msn.com
Thu Oct 21 16:54:05 CDT 2004

Courteny:

Thank you for responding to my question.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever encountered, I have to say. Some may
think I'm joking or something, but it's actually bizarre to me, not being a
programmer, not knowing the esoterica of code.

Maybe there is something to what you say. Does Hello/Picasa moderate the
images you upload, in real time? I don't get it. Or have the built in code
to block anyone from posting internet warning messages on their site? But
why?

I'm not interested in what's called "net art" where, like a hacker, you
tamper with OS's and browser controls and such. The Knowbotics Research type
stuff was too strange for me.

But all I'm doing is creating parody messages, with abstract designs, for
purely artistic effect.

Like I have a scary warning message on my www.cosmosblogmos.blogspot.com
site to at first intimidate people...until they see that the blog
description itself is fiction, a joke, not misanthropic.

Anyway, thanks for taking a stab at this. I'm almost scared to post my own
art, those two specimens with the warning messages, again.

I don't want to get in trouble. But I'll probably do an art specimen with
rows of pre-selected boxes and call it "Predestination" as a tribute to the
kind folks who put up with a long drawn out debate on this issue :^]

Steven Streight
STREIGHT SITE SYSTEMS
Web Usability Analysis
Web Content Writing