[thelist] General Statement - There's Bugs in Everything

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Oct 22 11:46:11 CDT 2004

>That said.. I still wouldn't want to be doing anything else. If it was
>easy, it probably wouldn't be half as much fun. :)

Amen.

I polled the audience of developers here and they responded with a couple of
different answers:

* It's because those who want it real bad, get a real bad product
* It's because the requirements keep changing with the market's demands and
the lack of time to follow up on the changes. As you develop something the
"askers" are already asking for new features and no time to give for fixes
to the features we just created. You really have to do it right the first
time to survive the bug wave.
* I think in smaller organizations its evident because the developer is the
person who wrote the specifications, approved them, developed the product,
tested it, wrote the help file, and distributed it all from the same
computer. Don't forget that this person's boss is in a department that has
nothing to do with what you're doing so forget about asking for help. Turn
to evolt! :-p ...and scream for mercy.

Any honest developer knows that they don't test their own stuff. They know
how the thing works!

Rob