[thelist] Link pseudo-class style

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Fri Oct 22 21:07:00 CDT 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 8:50pm, Ben Scott wrote:
> Having problems getting your styles for "a:link" and "a:hover" to
> apply to
> your links once they have been visited?  Is the use of "a:visited" or
> "a:active" preventing the "a:hover" from working?

Well, that is all well and good and I think I follow the reasoning.
But, for me, I learned a few years ago that the pseudo classes need to
be applied in one  certain order to work. I remember it like so: LoVe
HA or LVHA. (link, visited, hover, active) There is a sticky on the
corner of my monitor with that acronym. Since I learned that, they
always work. Do it differently and it won't. Simple as that.

Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
email: gw at gwcreative.com
web: http://www.gwcreative.com
tel: 401.286.9228

Communications and the Art of Simplicity