[thelist] Running Lynx on OS X

J.J.SOLARI jjsolari at pobox.com
Tue Oct 26 06:59:10 CDT 2004

> Hello,
>
> For an accessibility task I downloaded Lynx for OS X from
> www.osxgnu.com . Installing it worked fine.
>
> However: how do I run the bloody thing? Typing 'lynx' in the
terminal
> doesn't work, and the Find can't find the file on my system, either.
>
> Anyone?

PPK,

Just open a terminal window and type: /usr/local/bin/lynx provided
that it is the location where the package found on Apple's site has
put the application.

After that, use whatever command at the bottom of window (type the
first letter of the command then press enter) to accomplish a task ;
you may also use the arrow keys to move your selection on some link
then still press enter.

Welcome in the wonderful world of lynx,

hih,

JJS.