[thelist] What is you favorite web font?

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 13:28:37 CDT 2004

> On the not a holy war note, I'm wondering what people's thoughts
> are on
> when they use fixed vs relative sizes for fonts. I find myself
> forced to
> use fixed at work, and choosing to use relative on other projects.

Heh, I just wrote on the group-viewable whiteboard behind me, "CSS
Lesson #16c: Use em for font sizing"

There are lots of thoughts, and it's quite a polarized debate. I'm on
the relative sizing side of things, because I like the notion of
giving the user control over how they view the site, and we as
designers have to make sure the page works. One good article,
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/elastic/
put things into pretty good perspective.

sgd