[thelist] Open source licensing and web development

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Tue Oct 26 14:47:49 CDT 2004

Hello,

Recently I have had to think a lot of how I license the sites I make for
my clients. This has led me to think the possibility to use an open
source license, e.g. GPL.

Do you have any experiences on this? Anything special to take into
consideration? Is GPL good, or should I consider other options?

How about the design? What should I do with the graphics I create? Or
CSS files?

What if I used GPLed parts like bulletin boards on a site - would that
force me to GPL the entire site?

thanks for any thoughts,
.k