[thelist] CMS twisties

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Wed Oct 27 09:45:39 CDT 2004

Damien COLA wrote:
>> i think you would say ’tree-style’ navigation or ’expandable
>> tree-style’ navigation, and i forget some more ways to call it,
>
> Hierarchical menus, Explorer-style navigation?  Microsoft calls it a
> “Tree-view” control.  Apple calls theirs a “Finder” ...all of which
> just
> goes to show you: What’s in a name?

Minor nitpick, and getting off-topic, but Apple's "Finder" is
essentially the Mac OS interface program (the windows showing all your
files, your Desktop, the Trash, search, etc. is all part of the
Finder).

What we're describing here is called "list view" on a Mac.  As opposed
to "icon view" and (in OS X) "column view".

Steve

P.S. -- to any OS X techies out there itching to point out inaccuracies
in the above, I'm of course speaking in relatively broad terms here.