[thelist] Merge two Excel databases?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Oct 27 12:40:21 CDT 2004

At 08:58 AM 10/27/2004, Theodore Serbinski wrote:

>My question therefore, is there an easy way to compare both of these Excel
>databases and merge the data as necessary and add fields from one to the other?

Excel <> Database  ;-P

Use MS SQL / MS DataEngine (heck even Access) and import each spreadsheet
into a real database table. Then you can merge these two into a third table
that contains all the columns you want to end up with. The biggest question
is, which table will superceed the other? Of two records you are combining
which one is considered the best data when they both share a column?

--
Anthony Baratta

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."
  - Mark Twain