[thelist] Merge two Excel databases?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed Oct 27 20:27:36 CDT 2004

Message from Theodore Serbinski (10/27/2004 11:58 AM)
>Hey all! So I've just been given two Excel databases, that are holding
>similar data (names, addresses) but don't have all the same fields (one
>has like work number, other doesn't, etc). The data for both is capped at
>~1600 records, because that is how many people there are in the database,
>but both just have different information on each of these and one is
>missing some names from the other.
>
>My question therefore, is there an easy way to compare both of these Excel
>databases and merge the data as necessary and add fields from one to the other?

For only 1600 records I'd consider hiring some cheap temp labour to do it
manually. One week should be more than enough to get the job done. Cause no
matter what automated process you use you're probably going to have to go
through the data afterwards anyways to ensure it's correct.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/