[thelist] Switching back to Mac

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 06:33:49 CDT 2004

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:43:47 +1000, Robert Gormley
> <robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com> wrote:

> > > On a Windows machine you can't have more than one version of IE
> > > installed (there are theoretical ways, which have been discussed on the
> > > List before, but they involve a lot of messing around), and you can't
> > > test Mac or Unix programs.

Actually, you don't even need VMWare. The way to test multiple versions of IE doesn't really
involve a lot of "messing around". If you can download and install something you can have it. I
literally did this on my machine in under 5 minutes. (and its free)

http://www.skyzyx.com/downloads/

On that page are the prepackaged items you need. You'll be up in running in a snap. Then you can
have all those browsers running natively, not in emulation. I think there is something to be said
for that.

Then you just ask your mac buddies to test for mac, or get mac in the corner somewhere. I'm
actually a former "mac-head" that was basically forced to go PC by my employers. While I love the
mac, and the PC has many problems, it's never the demon the zealots make it out to be :)

Someday when I actually have some extra cash (yeah right) I'll get me some OSX Macishness.

Tom

=====
Get Firefox! : http://www.pixelmech.com/