[thelist] problems with mutilple versions of IE on windows? (was: Switching back to Mac)

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Fri Oct 29 09:17:30 CDT 2004

>> What do you mean by "preview"? Do you mean open a static web site,
>> look at it, and close it?
>
> yes, it tends to die horribly *and* corrupt your main install of IE
> (eg: version 6) a lot of the time (personal experience on 3 different
> PC's), meaning you *may* need to reinstall your newest IE version.
>
> When this hack came out it was a 'WOW!', then upon use (for me) it
> became a 'oh...damn'

Personally, I haven't had any problems with this on my work or home
computer, nor have I heard of anyone else who has. I think if you're
very careful to follow the instructions exactly, you should be fine.
When in doubt, create a restore point before going through with the
"install".

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer

VOTE!  ::  http://www.declareyourself.com/