[thelist] RE: Best CMS for Art Gallery

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 09:46:08 CST 2004

At 14:32 on Monday, 01 Nov 2004,  wrote:

>> Viveka Weiley wrote:
>>> I'm putting together a site for a small local art gallery.
>>> It would be good if they could update it themselves, so I'm looking at
>> a CMS.
>>
>> Check out PHP Gallery: http://gallery.menalto.com/ has all
>> of the features you want and more.
>
> I might be in this position soon, too. This link and others suggested
> here
> look fine for personal photo albums, but I'm not convinced they would
> meet
> the needs for actual traditional "art galleries",

I might be persuaded to release a modified version of the code that builds
this site:

http://www.torbytes.co.uk/

if there was enough interest / compelling reason to do so.

it's PHP/MySQL images are currently ftp'd en-masse, but a file upload
option is in the works.  it has unlimited metadata and multiple
"interpretations" so that for every digital asset there's a lot of
flexibility.

;o)