[thelist] Adobe Photoshop CS Upgrade Version

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Wed Nov 3 15:57:02 CST 2004

On Nov 3, 2004, at 12:23pm, Ken Chase wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has experience upgrading from version 4 as well
> as version 6 (I'm running win2k)? Once installed, is the upgrade
> version
> different than the full version? Any problems?
>
> I'm trying to determine if I should by the upgrade (cheap) or the full
> version,

Go with the upgrade, you save a pant load of cash. All that is
happening is the upgrade installer looks for the older version and,
once confirmed, it installs the complete application. In the past all
you needed to do was insert the install CD for the older version and
didn't need to actually have it instaled. This leaves you with two
fully functioning versions of Photoshop. In the future, I believe that
you can upgrade the new one without the presence of the older one. (but
keep the old one's install disk around, just in case.) On the other
hand, you get a big break on the whole CS suite when you upgrade from
any version of PS - you might consider that as well.

Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
email: gw at gwcreative.com
web: http://www.gwcreative.com
tel: 401.286.9228

Communications and the Art of Simplicity