[thelist] RE: [FOUND] free online art gallery

ANDREA STREIGHT astreight at msn.com
Thu Nov 4 13:54:34 CST 2004

I'm very distressed to hear that with Firefox browser my exhibition falls
apart, overlaps, "magnifying glass tool causes browser to crash"--this is
bad news.

Yet, there are some highly praised web design gurus whose sites are
scrambled, overlapping, even totally unusable, and they are respected
authorities in their fields, and I cast no aspersions on them, other than to
ask: what causes this? Is it a web standards issue? Is it failure to test
for cross browser compatibility? Is it common?

Not just web design gurus, but computer manufacturers and others, I see
overlap, the usual brokenness I encounter, and I punch my browser Back
button like lightning. I really dislike that effect. I won't mention names,
but some of you probably know exactly what sites I refer to. Now my art
exhibition also has this annoying flaw? Hmmmmmmm.... Will consider this and
come up with some solution I hope. May have to find another free art gallery
to do business in.

Thanks for the site checks.

Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst/Web Artist