[thelist] Installing an SSL Certificate

Michael Harrington mike0351 at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 6 17:04:30 CST 2004

I am new to SSL. I have a Web page I have built for a client
(hopehousedaycare.org) and will be collecting information for online
donations. The page that collects this (hopehousedaycare.org/gifts.htm)
works OK and the results are sent to a database, which can be retrieved,
online into Excel.

Before the donation pages go live, I need to install a SSL Certificate.
When I order one, am I given something to install or does my Web hosting
provider does the installing? The site is on Roadrunner and is their
Windows 2000 hosting package, which has the SSL Secure Server feature.