[thelist] Javascript/XHTML Strict Validation

Timothy Joko-Veltman tim at indigopixel.com
Tue Nov 9 07:09:00 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 13:26 -0600, Kevin Switzer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a page that is XHTML Strict.  I get 4 errors, but I'm not sure
> how to fix them, have the javascript still work, and validate in XHTML
> Strict.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
>

> I am getting the following errors:
>

> Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML
> parser.
>
> 1.	Line 16, column 30: character ";" not allowed in attribute
> specification list
>
> for (var i=0; i<sfEls.length; i++) {
If you don't like the external file (best way to go - saves bandwidth,
because the script gets cached that way), or the CDATA method, use this
instead:

for (var i=0; i &lt; sfEls.length; i++) {

Yes, it looks like it'll generate an error, but it doesn't ...

Timothy

--
"The resonable man adapts himself to the world; the unresonable one
depends on the unreasonable man."    --George Bernard Shaw