[thelist] Today (Tuesday November 9) XAML at NYCFUG

Michael Dinowitz mdinowit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:37:20 CST 2004

We hope that you'll come to tonight's meeting of the New York
ColdFusion User Group. We'll be hosting Ben Cantlon, developer
relations, Xamlon, Inc., and founding member of the Allaire
Corporation and Ingo Muschenetz, lead developer of Xamlon, Inc., who
will be speaking about:

"Leveraging Markup Skills for Windows and Web Application Development"

Web applications are changing.  Organizations and users want rich
clients with sophisticated yet flexible user interfaces.
Organizations also desire cross-platform capabilities: rich
applications delivered across multiple platforms and the Web.

At the same time, Microsoft has developed and is promoting XAML, its
first tag-based markup language for Windows application development.
With XAML, Windows applications are written using tags while most
application logic resides in code behind files.  Windows applications
built with XAML run on the desktop and can be published, unchanged,
over the Web to Windows clients.

This convergence offers tremendous opportunity to ColdFusion
developers.  For the first time, your markup language skills transfer
to Windows application development.  You can use Xamlon Pro 1.0 to
build Windows applications today.  Learning Xamlon now puts you ahead
of the curve: you can be a recognized expert in Microsoft's next big
technology and use that same expertise to publish your applications
across the Web.

When? Tuesday, November 9, 6:30 PM
Where? NYU Medical Center, 550 1st Avenue (corner of E. 31st Street), Coles 101
NY, NY

We hope to see you there! Please RSVP on our website
(http://www.nycfug.org) to let us know you're coming so we can plan
the refreshments right.

Michael Dinowitz
Co-Manager